October 28th, 2012 by admin No comments »
Finding a physician you can trust to care for you and your family can be a stressful situation. Because the truth is that people are fallible and they make mistakes. Unfortunately, when a doctor makes a mistake or is purposefully negligent with a patient’s care, you or your loved one can suffer far worse with newfound medical issues than the ones you originally asked your doctor to treat. This type of situation can leave you feeling helpless, cause extreme amounts of stress and render you financially disabled. Luckily you can seek the help of a Phoenix personal injury lawyer who specializes in aiding individuals like you to seek the benefits you deserve. These professionals are well versed in the field of medicine and law and they offer you the greatest chance of getting your life back on track after falling victim to medical malpractice at the hands of a doctor.
The instant you believe wrongdoing is behind your medical situation, it is important to seek the help of a medical malpractice lawyer. It is important to have an attorney who will delve into the intricacies of your case, review all the information available, and consult with field to help determine the course of action that should be taken. Medical malpractice cases are inherently difficult to prove. Therefore you must be sure to hire a seasoned professional with years of experience working cases similar to yours. No two cases are exactly alike, but a skillful and accomplished medical malpractice attorney will be able to put your mind at ease and develop a case strategy to afford you the greatest opportunity for a judgment in your favor.
There are two main types malpractice considered during this type of court case: deviation from the standard practices of professional medicine and negligent application of a physician’s judgment. When it comes to proving your case in a court of law, demonstrating that your physician is guilty of a negligent application of judgment is the more challenging of the two types of breaches. Your medical malpractice lawyer should be accustomed to defending cases with expert testimony from specialized professionals in the field of question. He or she should also be prepared to rebuke the testimony of the opposing side.
Your medical malpractice lawyer should be focused on ensuring those that are guilty are held accountable and can no longer harm others as well as recovering compensatory damages for you and your loved ones.
September 12th, 2012 by admin No comments »
The world is wrought with dangers and accidents happen every day. When you or a loved one is significantly injured due to the negligence of another, the lasting physical conditions and pain will take a toll on any family. Moreover, the emotional stress and financial burdens that ensue can be overwhelming. There are several reasons to contact a Phoenix personal injury lawyer and they include seeking legal advice during situations where you or a loved one was injured in a car accident, a motorcycle accident, or a pedestrian accident. Personal injury lawyers should also be consulted when you or a loved one experiences a traumatic brain injury, a spinal injury, a slip and fall, a workplace accident or a burn injury. These types of injuries fall under an area of law called Tort Law.
It is true that a personal injury lawyer should be trained to handle cases and dispense legal advice regarding any area of law, but generally they will take cases related to tort law. This is the area of law that pertains to personal injury, either physical or psychological, that is the result of the negligence of another person or business. The types of cases that fall into this category of law include work related injuries such as a slip and fall in a warehouse that leaves you with perpetual neck and back pain, or a car accident where a pedestrian is struck by a driver who was talking on a cell phone or otherwise not paying attention to the road. This area of law also helps those that are injured through the use of a product or by the mistake of a medical provider.
A personal injury lawyer, also often called a car accident lawyer, will play a very important role in the research and development of your case so it is extremely important that you get in touch with a law office as soon as possible. Your attorney will ask a multitude of questions so it is extremely important that you are honest and deliver all the facts. Your attorney will then most likely seek professional subject matter experts to aid the presentation of your case in court as well as work hard to refute the claims of the defendant’s lawyer. You can expect that your Phoenix personal injury lawyer will seek monetary restitution for your suffering and work hard to get the most possible. This is also in your attorney’s best interest because most will take a percentage of your award as the fee for their services.
July 16th, 2012 by admin No comments »
No one wishes to be in a situation that requires them to hire a medical malpractice lawyer. That is because no one wishes to be ill or to be sick, and no one wishes to have to visit a doctor, hospital or surgeon for treatment. Most importantly, no sane person would wish to have a doctor fail to properly treat them or their relative. Some cases where medical malpractice is present may lead to serious injury or even death. If you are not sure whether you need a medical malpractice attorney or not, the following are 3 reasons that you may need one.
1. A Medical Malpractice Lawyer Can File Your Negligence Claim Before Time Expires
As you may or may not be aware, the laws regarding medical malpractice vary greatly by state. In some states the statute of limitations (how you long have to file a claim against your doctor, hospital or medical entity before the time limit expires) is extremely long, but in other states the statute of limitations for bringing a claim of medical malpractice is actually quite short. Without the assistance of a medical malpractice attorney you may find yourself out of time and be unable to file a claim at all.
2. A Medical Malpractice Lawyer Has Key Knowledge of the Court System in Your State
Once again, the rules regarding medical malpractice vary greatly by state. That means that it is generally not a good idea to represent yourself in court because as the saying goes, you will be more than likely to have a ‘fool’ as a client. A medical malpractice lawyer has the training and the knowhow to ensure that your interests are best represented on your day in court. A medical malpractice lawyer has key knowledge of the way the court system works in your specific state and likely has experience appearing before the judge you will be appearing before. If you wish to have a higher likelihood of prevailing in court, a medical malpractice attorney can greatly increase your chances of winning.
3. A Medical Malpractice Lawyer Can Negotiate With the Insurance Company on Your Behalf
It is usually not a good idea to try to negotiate with an insurance company on your own. That is because insurance companies hire attorneys and other professionals to train their agents how to ‘trap’ you into saying things that they will use against you in court to attempt to reduce or eliminate any settlement that you may be entitled to. With the help of a medical malpractice lawyer you are much more likely to prevail in court or to reach an amicable (and sizeable) settlement before you even reach court.
These are just three of the many reasons you should consider enlisting the assistance of a Phoenix Personal Injury lawyer for your case that involves medical negligence or malpractice. While it is never easy to deal with the repercussions of a negligent medical health professional or entity, an effective medical malpractice lawyer can help to make the best out of a bad situation.
July 6th, 2012 by admin No comments »
Have you been involved in a car accident recently? You may feel unlucky right now; however you should be at least grateful that you’re still alive. During the last count 2 years ago, there were 33,963 USA deaths involving car accidents recorded. Throughout that same period there were 11,500,000 car accidents recorded. With these high numbers you should see that car accidents are more common than you think. But what do you do if you have just had a car accident? For most people they will need legal assistance to represent them and perhaps defend them from any liabilities. Below are our top tips to consider when choosing a car accident lawyer.
Top 5 Tips – Choosing a Car Accident Lawyer:
1) Do you require a car accident lawyer? – The first question you need to consider is whether you actually need a car accident lawyer or can you represent yourself? This of course depends on the seriousness of the accident. For example, if your car only has a damaged bumper and there has been no personal injury then you could represent yourself. However this can be time consuming dealing not just with both insurance companies but also getting quotes for repair work etc. If your accident was more serious involving injuries, then the severity of these injuries will determine if you need a car accident lawyer. As a general rule, if at least one person has serious injuries then a car accident lawyer can be invaluable for your case.
2) Research several car accident lawyers first – When selecting Phoenix Personal Injury Lawyer to represent you and your car accident you should not just call the first person you find in the phonebook. You should spend some time researching local car accident lawyers and if possible researching their previous case records to see what types of cases that have represented. You should be trying to locate a car accident lawyer that has successfully represented a similar case to yours.
3) Meet your car accident lawyer in person – Once you have completed your research you should arrange a consultation meeting face to face with your chosen attorney. It is important to use this opportunity to provide as much information as possible about your accident including any relevant documentation from the insurance company, police records or medical bills. By providing all of this information and details, your case and lawyer stand a better chance of success from the beginning.
4) Find out how much you need to participate – One of the main reasons for using a car accident lawyer to represent you is so that you can get on with your life. It’s important therefore that your attorney can keep you fully informed but not require you to constantly attend meetings or court hearings if not absolutely necessary. Ensure you have a clear understanding of what, where and when you will likely need to participate so that you can be prepared of what will be expected of you in your car accident case.
5) Find out cost before you sign with your car accident lawyer – Fees can vary depending on the car accident lawyer and their firm that is representing you. Ensure that you fully understand the fee structure before you sign any agreement. If you’re unsure ask for clarification. Remember your case may go on longer than you think and more work may be required than originally thought. Make sure that you work out the fee arrangements on a worst case scenario so that you don’t receive any nasty surprises.
We hope that this article has helped you understand your options after you have been involved in a car accident. You should now be able to research and select a car accident lawyer that best suits your need. You should also be more confident dealing with the legal issues surrounding your accident and be able to move on from the accident and get on with the rest of your life.
June 6th, 2012 by admin No comments »
There are so many reasons that you may need a personal injury lawyer in Phoenix Arizona. Whether you have suffered an injury due to the negligent action or inaction of another driver, were injured while on the job, or have suffered an injury due to the negligence of a business or property owner, you can greatly benefit from the knowledge and skill of an experienced personal injury lawyer. If you have been injured and are dealing with an insurance company or another individual or corporation, be sure to get help from a seasoned professional to ensure that you receive the proper guidance to win the best possible award.
As anyone who has been injured due to someone else’s negligence knows, it is simply unfair to have to foot the bill for medical expenses like doctor’s bills and hospital bills that are related to the accident. The bottom line is, without the negligence of the other party, you wouldn’t have those bills in the first place! If you find yourself haggling with an insurance company over medical compensation, call a personal injury lawyer before going any further! Remember that it is never a good idea to deal with insurance companies on your own. By hiring a personal injury attorney to do it for you, you stand to receive a much fairer settlement or award. If you plan to speak with insurance professionals on your own, you must be extremely careful not to fall into the trap of answering trick questions that are designed to lower your award.
For example, if you injured your back or neck due to a car accident, do not allow an insurance agent to inquire as to your medical history and ask if you’ve previously had injuries in the same area. Any answers you provide may be used to lower your settlement or award, and in some cases, to eliminate your chance of getting anything at all. You would be surprised how many people have received only a portion of their anticipated damages as a result of answering the questions of insurance professionals.
Personal injury lawyers do not only assist people who have medical bills related to injuries. In many cases, clients have valid claims related to financial or emotional injuries. So if you have suffered emotionally or financially due to the negligence of another party or entity, you may stand to receive an award related to that as well.
It is important to choose a highly qualified Phoenix personal injury lawyer, so that you can be sure that your case is in the best possible hands. Visiting an attorney’s website is one great way that you can learn more about a particular attorney. Make sure to check for any reviews from past clients, so that you can get an idea of the impressions of people who have worked with that particular attorney in the past. Many personal injury attorneys have websites that include a bio, as well as information about their past work and past successes. A free consultation with a personal injury attorney can help you to learn more about your legal rights in relation to any injury you have suffered.